Re: Spam on the wiki - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Spam on the wiki
Date
Re: Spam on the wiki  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 05:32:19PM +0100, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's something wrong over here: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/
> Talk:What's_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.1/fr
>
> And to many more pages. See: https://wiki.postgresql.org/index.php?title=
> Special%3ALog&type=&user=Singhuma893
>
> Not sure what's the best way to deal with this, but wanted you guys to know
> about it.

Yes, I am trying to fix it but the spam users are creating new pages
faster than I can fix it.  I am concerned we are going to need to revert
the entire wiki to an earlier state.

I see problem users Johnthe and Sanjaypatel but the fixes are geting
re-spammed so quickly I am afraid it is some automated attack that will
be difficult to clean up.  The other problem is that they are _moving_
pages, meaning we have to move them back as well as undo the edits.

I am going to give up trying to undo this until we can get a better
handle on a process of cleanup.

http://enterprisedb.com

+ Roman grave inscription                             +