Re: [sqlsmith] Failed to generate plan on lateral subqueries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: [sqlsmith] Failed to generate plan on lateral subqueries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 03:06:18PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Andreas Seltenreich
> <seltenreich@gmx.de> wrote:
> >> Did you publish the source already? I haven't been following all
> >> along, sorry if these are all answered questions.
> >
> > It's not had a proper release yet, but the code is available via
> > github in all its rapid-prototypesque glory:
> >
> >     https://github.com/anse1/sqlsmith
>
> I am in awe regarding this stuff, which has caught many bugs
> already, it is a bit sad that it is released under the GPL license
> preventing a potential integration into PostgreSQL core to
> strengthen the test infrastructure,

I suspect that a polite request to the Andreas that he change to a
PostgreSQL-compatible license like one of (TPL, BSD2, MIT) might
handle this part.

> and it is even sadder to see a direct dependency with
> libpqxx :(

I suspect this part is a SMOP, but I'm not quite sure what S might
constitute in this case.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!