Re: Interrupted streaming replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Interrupted streaming replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Tony Nelson <tnelson@starpoint.com> wrote:

> 2015-12-07 08:24:50 EST FATAL:  requested WAL segment 00000001000000890000002C
> has already been removed
>

> Can I simply copy the file from my archive directory back to the WAL directory?

I'm afraid that won't work, because of the master knows nothing about
this copy and can't stream its content.

Maybe you can create/update your recovery.conf, see restore_command.

for the future: increase wal_keep_segments, or better: use replication
slots (since 9.4 a really good feature to prevent such errors).

Andreas