Re: pg_hba_lookup function to get all matching pg_hba.conf entries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pg_hba_lookup function to get all matching pg_hba.conf entries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule wrote:

> It should be disabled by default
>
> only when you have some problems, then you can enable it

That still seems mostly unworkable to me.  Are we going to tell DBAs to
set PGOPTIONS when they have some pg_hba problem?

What's the issue with calling the function when you want to research
some problem?  Presumably that's the whole point of the function.