Re: El Capitan Removes OpenSSL Headers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: El Capitan Removes OpenSSL Headers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec  1, 2015 at 06:40:09PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Do we still have licensing issues if we ship Postgres and OpenSSL
> > together?
>
> See
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150801151410.GA28344%40awork2.anarazel.de

True, but the current license is unchanged and has the advertising
clause, which I think we have to honor if we ship OpenSSL:
https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html

I assume Windows has to ship OpenSSL with the installer and has to abide
by this, for example.  OSX might have to do the same.  It might be good
to see what we do for Windows packages.

http://enterprisedb.com

+ Roman grave inscription                             +