Re: BUG #13741: vacuumdb does not accept valid password - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #13741: vacuumdb does not accept valid password
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Michael Paquier wrote:

> OK, so attached is a patch aimed at master and 9.5. I reused the
> suggestion of Haribabu to not rely completely on the maintenance
> database after testing with a couple of database, some of them using
> md5 and others trust. That's just more portable this way, and user
> just needs to specify the password once to be done even with vacuumdb
> --all.

Thanks, pushed a slightly tweaked version.  If you can please verify
that I didn't break anything, it'd be great.

FWIW I think the mode that generated the most connections is -jN --all
--analyze-in-stages.  For additional annoyance, one sets up the
"postgres" database with trust auth and others with md5.  All the cases
I tried only get a single prompt now.

Thanks Eric for reporting the problem and Haribabu and Michael for
patching.