Re: WIP: Rework access method interface - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: WIP: Rework access method interface
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> ... btw, what is the point of catalog/opfam_internal.h?  I see you added
> it in b488c580aef4e05f, but it seems quite useless to have split it out
> as a separate header, since only commands/opclasscmds.c uses it.
>
> My attention got drawn to it because the current patch proposes to
> #include it in amapi.h, which is as thorough a subversion of the concept
> of "internal header" as I can readily think of.  If we're going to do
> that with it we'd definitely need to rename it.  But I'm not following
> why struct OpFamilyMember needs to be exposed at all.

Oh, that slipped in there, didn't it.  The JSON DDL-deparse bits need
it -- last posted by Alex Shulgin here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CACACo5Q_UXYwF117LBhjZ3xaMPyrgqnqE%3DmXvRhEfjJ51aCfwQ%40mail.gmail.com

I suppose it shouldn't have been committed, and be part of the extension
instead.