Re: BUG #13750: Autovacuum slows down with large numbers of tables. More workers makes it slower. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David Gould
Subject Re: BUG #13750: Autovacuum slows down with large numbers of tables. More workers makes it slower.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 12:17:11 -0300
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> David Gould wrote:
>
> > The cost delays are all 0. We care about bloat, not bandwidth.
> >
> > Anyway, they are not actually vacuuming. They are waiting on the
> > VacuumScheduleLock. And requesting freshs snapshots from the
> > stats_collector.
>
> Oh, I see.  Interesting.  Proposals welcome.  I especially dislike the
> ("very_expensive") pgstat check.

I have an effective patch for this issue that I think is small enough to be
backpatched. I'm cleaning it up a bit and will send it this weekend.

-dg

--
David Gould              510 282 0869         daveg@sonic.net