Re: pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 06:37:46PM +0300, Дмитрий Воронин wrote:
> David, do you want to have one dumper program for postgres?

Yes, and pg_dump appears to be the best candidate for evolution into
one.

That there are two separate ones is the result of design decisions
that may very well have made sense at the time they were made, but no
longer do.

> Maybe it will be a good idea to make a dumper with some dumping levels:
> - all cluster
> - global objects
> - database level

I'm not sure I understand.  Is there some utility in dividing this
into these particular levels?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!