Re: ERROR: tablespace "archive2" is not empty - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Josip Rodin
Subject Re: ERROR: tablespace "archive2" is not empty
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 12:02:17PM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> >No idea, I inherited this machine. But like Tom said, spclocation being
> >wrong is apparently harmless.
>
> Other then you cannot DROP the tablespace:) This will probably
> needed to be resolved for the reasons that came up in this thread:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAAW2xfeA1mPw4RW3-4LUTW+y4ruQFPT5Bx4c3DKUb01f4ejabw@mail.gmail.com
>
> it is a very long thread so you might to take a look at this:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/7681.1389548920@sss.pgh.pa.us
>

> What happens if you change spclocation to the correct location?

The suggestion makes perfect sense, but sadly there's no difference:

% sudo -H -u postgres psql template1 -c "update pg_tablespace set spclocation = '/media/ssd/archive2/postgresql' where
spcname= 'archive2';"
UPDATE 1
% sudo -H -u postgres psql template1 -c "drop tablespace archive2;"
ERROR:  tablespace "archive2" is not empty

I guess UTSL would be my remaining recourse, but I was hoping someone
who already knows that code path offhand could put me at ease :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.