Re: run pg_rewind on an uncleanly shut down cluster. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: run pg_rewind on an uncleanly shut down cluster.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct  5, 2015 at 05:41:07PM +0200, Oleksii Kliukin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to find out how to rewind a cluster that was not shut down
> cleanly, in order to implement pg_rewind support in patroni (an
> automated failover system, https://github.com/zalando/patroni).
>
> At the moment, pg_rewind limits itself to only cleanly shut down
> clusters. This works nicely in the case of a split brain caused by the
> network partitioning. However, it doesn't cover the important case of a
> suddenly crashed master: the crashed cluster cannot be rewound to the
> new master.

Did you read this thread convering the same topic from a few weeks ago?
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/55FA2537.4070600@gmx.net#55FA2537.4070600@gmx.net

http://enterprisedb.com

+ Roman grave inscription                             +