Re: Performance problem with gin index

From: ktm@rice.edu
Subject: Re: Performance problem with gin index
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Performance problem with gin index  (Bertrand Paquet, )
 Re: Performance problem with gin index  ("", )
 Re: Performance problem with gin index  (Jeff Janes, )
  Re: Performance problem with gin index  (Bertrand Paquet, )

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 05:45:41PM +0200, Bertrand Paquet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have got big slow down on our production plateform (PG 9.4.4).
> After analyzing wals with pg_xlogdump, we see lot of writing in Gin Indexes.
> We suspect slow down are related to the write of pending update on the
>
> So, is there any method to see
> - what is the current config of gin_pending_list_limit on a given index ?
> - the current size of pending list on a given index ?
>
> Regards,
> Bertrand

Hi Bertrand,

You might try disabling fastupdate for the index. 9.5 has some work in
this area, but prior to that disabling it is the best fix. It certainly
helped our system with the same issue.

Regards,
Ken