BUG #13634: postgresql-9.4.4-3-x64 server firing empty messages on console - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From cgripeos@hotmail.com
Subject BUG #13634: postgresql-9.4.4-3-x64 server firing empty messages on console
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      13634
Logged by:          Chris
Email address:      cgripeos@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.4
Operating system:   Windows 7 x64

Hello,

I am new to postgresql and not a Linux/Unix user.

I apologize if this is not the right place to post this, but it does look
like a bug (but again I am new to postgresql).

I just installed postgresql-9.4.4-3-x64 on a Windows 7 x64 PC.

After the installation, I verified that an automatic startup service was
added to the Windows Services as follows:

Path to executable:
"C:\Users\xxx\PostgreSQL\9.4\bin\pg_ctl.exe" runservice -N
"postgresql-x64-9.4" -D "C:\Users\xxx\PostgreSQL\9.4\data" -w"

Log on as: "Local System account" & "Allow service to interact with
desktop"

The problem I am experiencing is that (after about a minute the portgresql
server service starts) I get a message from "Interactive Services Detection"
saying that "A program running on this computer is trying to display a
message". When I click on "View the Message", I am shown a blank command
console with nothing in it.

I know that the server is running, because I can log in.

Closing the console kills the postgresql server. Ignoring the message, just
makes it come back a minute later.

What could this mean?

Am I doing something wrong or is this a problem with the Windows version of
postgresql 9.4 (or even the installer)?

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
Chris