Re: snapshot too old, configured by time - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: snapshot too old, configured by time
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner wrote:

> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> > I would place it inside src/test/modules, so that buildfarm
> > runs it automatically; I'm not sure it will pick up things in
> > src/test.
>
> As it stands now, the test is getting run as part of `make
> check-world`, and it seems like src/test/modules is about testing
> separate executables, so I don't think it makes sense to move the
> tests -- but I could be convinced that I'm missing something.

It's not conceived just as a way to test separate executables; maybe it
is at the moment (though I don't think it is?) but if so that's just an
accident.  The intention is to have modules that get tested without them
being installed, which wasn't the case when they were in contrib.

The problem with check-world is that buildfarm doesn't run it.  We don't
want to set up separate buildfarm modules for each subdir in src/test;
that would be pretty tedious.