Re: WIP: About CMake v2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: WIP: About CMake v2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-09-01 10:32:39 -0400, Noah Misch wrote:
> A monolithic patch replacing the GNU make build system with a CMake build
> system sounds far too hard to write and review; we should expect to maintain
> those two build systems in parallel for awhile.

I don't buy this. I don't think we're going to decide to switch to cmake
before seing how the gmake conversion will look like. Possibly the gmake
part doesn't have to be immediately committable when we replace msvc
with cmake, but I'll definitely want to see the benefit (i.e. see a
one-source-of-truth tree) before paying.

Greetings,

Andres Freund