BUG #13574: Load Balancing - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From nlp.sr@shaw.ca
Subject BUG #13574: Load Balancing
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      13574
Logged by:          Ha Le
Email address:      nlp.sr@shaw.ca
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.3
Operating system:   Ubuntu 14

Dear Michael,

It is me, Quan Ha Le from Blackberry company,

This time may you support me with 2 questions:

I have a Master and a Standby by Repmgr Cloning, on a Postgresql Database
cluster

QUESTION 1: Why my pg_xlog for Master is huge up to 8GB and it doesnot clean
up (removal of wal logs) automatically ?
And the pg_xlog for Standby is only 300MB ?

The pg_resetxlog needs running off-line (by service postgresql stop), but
how to run online (during postgresql service still on) because there is a
software connect to my master all the time ?

QUESTION 2: Is there any way to make HAPROXY+PGBOUNCER Load balancing for my
Postgresql Master and Standby ? I can only read /write on the Master and the
Reads donot load balancing to happen at the same time on Standby ?

Best,
Quan Ha Le.