Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-08-05 21:39:26 -0400, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 10:32:48AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
> > > Wasn't the point that 32 bit AIX as a whole hasn't been supported for a
> > > couple years now? My willingness to expend effort for that is rather
> > > limited.
> >
> > Well, there's one in the buildfarm.  We don't generally turn off
> > buildfarm critters just because the underlying OS is out of support
> > (the population would be quite a bit lower if we did).
>
> For the record, mandrill's OS and compiler are both in support and not so old
> (June 2012 compiler, February 2013 OS).  The last 32-bit AIX *kernel* did exit
> support in 2012, but 32-bit executables remain the norm.

Ugh, sorry, I misunderstood you then in the earlier thread.

Unless you have a better idea I'll now move the detection of that case
to aix.h.

I rather liked being able to emit a warning about disabling inlines
*once* during configuration, but it's also probably not worth a lot of
effort given how few users that platform has.

Greetings,

Andres Freund