Re: pgsql: AIX: Link TRANSFORM modules with their dependencies. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: pgsql: AIX: Link TRANSFORM modules with their dependencies.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 11:32:09PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> > AIX: Link TRANSFORM modules with their dependencies.
>
> > ...  Unfortunately, relocating an AIX installation will now
> > require adding $(pkglibdir) to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> Hm, would it be appropriate to mention this in the user-facing
> documentation (and I don't mean just in the release notes)?
> Not entirely sure where it should be addressed, though.

Hmm.  Blameless to mention it.  On the other hand, an error message about not
finding plpython2.so is likely enough to set the user on the right track.
installation.sgml is terse about relocating binaries, which seems reasonable.