Re: Draft of Alpha release announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Draft of Alpha release announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 2015-07-01 09:53:01 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 07/01/2015 04:50 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> > I think it'd be good to integrate the major items list into the release
> > notes in time for the website to update... If necessary, can you ping me
> > in time to update the sgml?
>
> That's up to Bruce.  I'm happy to write those up in Release Note format,
> but I was planning to wait until the Beta in case one or more features
> gets the axe before then.

I don't see the point of waiting for beta. The features are already in
the release notes, and you're sending out the major features in the
release announcement.  Having an empty 'major enhancements' section in
the release docs, linked to from the release announcement, is just
confusing.

Greetings,

Andres Freund