Backpatch src/test/modules to 9.3? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Backpatch src/test/modules to 9.3?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

When discussing multixacts around pgcon (including the developer
meeting) we decided that we want to add test code to make exercising the
truncation code easier.

In master the most logical place for that seems to be src/test/modules.
Unfortunately 9.3/9.4 don't have that. Given that the multixact code
isn't the same in the backbranches, and will hopefully diverge further,
I'd rather have tests there. So maybe we should just add
src/test/modules there? These then will not be exercised by the
buildfarm, but the affected code isn't particularly platform dependant,
so that doesn't worry me much?

Comments, better ideas?

Regards,

Andres