Re: [CORE] Restore-reliability mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [CORE] Restore-reliability mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun  8, 2015 at 12:32:45PM -0400, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin@geoff.dj> wrote:
>
>     On 8 June 2015 at 17:03, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>         It's not about the 5 minutes of compile time, it's about the
>         signalling.
>
>         Just *when* is git ready for testing? You don't know from the outside.
>
>         I do lurk here a lot and still am unsure quite often.
>
>         Even simply releasing an alpha *tarball* would be useful enough. What
>         is needed is the signal to test, rather than a fully-built package.
>

>     ​I can see that, and can absolutely get behind the idea of a nightly being
>     flagged as an alpha, since it should involve next to no developer time.
>

> ​Nightly where?  This is an international community.

The daily snapshot tarballs are built in a way to minimize the number of
development tools required:
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/snapshot/dev/

These would be easier to use than pulling from git.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +