Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-06-01 12:32:21 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> There are good reasons to write the release notes all in one batch:
> otherwise you don't get any uniformity of editorial style.

I agree that that's a good reason for major releases, I do however
wonder if it'd not be a good idea to do differently for backpatched
bugfixes. It's imo a good thing to force committers to write a release
notice at the same time they're backpatching. The memory is fresh, and
the commit message is more likely to contain pertinent details.