GENERATED: the new generation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject GENERATED: the new generation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Folks,

The time may have come again to discuss $Subject.  As I recall, the
state of the spec back in 2007, when this was last discussed, was so
abysmal that we simply abandoned the effort.

It appears, at least to me, that SQL:2011 has polished this up in ways
that could be helpful, especially when it comes to temporal databases,
which modern storage systems has made a good bit less crazy than they
were when we got rid of time travel.

What say?

Cheers,
David.