Re: delaying autovacuum freeze via storage params? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: delaying autovacuum freeze via storage params?
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve Kehlet wrote:
> Hello, I'd like to postpone an "autovacuum: VACUUM public.mytable (to
> prevent wraparound)" and handle it manually at another time. I thought I
> could set these storage parameters on the large table in question
> ("mytable") like this:
>
> ALTER TABLE mytable SET (
>   autovacuum_freeze_min_age=10000000,
>   autovacuum_freeze_table_age=800000000,
>   autovacuum_freeze_max_age=1000000000
> );

See the docs about the freeze max age storage parameter -- the per-table
setting can decrease the global setting but not increase it.  You can
increase the global setting (postgresql.conf) to 2 billion AFAIR which
should give you plenty of room.  Needs a server restart though.