Re: Run pgindent now? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Run pgindent now?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 01:05:27PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >> With feature freeze behind us, I'd like to propose that now is a good
> >> time for a pgindent run.
>
> > +1, except I suggest we at least delay it until we have wrapped the new
> > minor releases, to make sure we don't conflict with any backpatching there.
>
> Sure, a couple of days won't make much difference.

There was talk last time of pgindent-ing head and all back branches,
because a patch applied to head and back branches was historically only
pgindented in head, meaning that any future patches in that area could
not be easily backpatched.

Do we want to do this?

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +