Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Move pg_upgrade from contrib/ to src/bin/ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Move pg_upgrade from contrib/ to src/bin/
Date
List pgsql-hackers

<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/47b24efa758360699413640dd14c4096e1643fb2/PGBuild/Modules/TestUpgrade.pm>

> It can just be dropped into place as a hot fix.
>
> We're overdue for a buildfarm client release, but this hot fix should get
> things green again.

There's no way we're going to have *everyone* install the hot fix right
away, though, no?  Or is people really that quick with updating BF
scripts?

If not, I think it'd be better to revert, get a buildfarm release out,
then push the patch again in a week or so.  In the meantime surely we
can push other contrib move patches ...

Regarding the buildfarm update, don't we need a patch for MSVC and
src/test/modules?  I remember you (Andrew) and Tom hot-patched
run_build.pm to run those tests, but of course it doesn't work as a
complete release because MSVC doesn't support it.  It would be awesome
to get BF patched for both those issues before the next release.