Re: Shouldn't CREATE TABLE LIKE copy the relhasoids property? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Shouldn't CREATE TABLE LIKE copy the relhasoids property?
Date
Re: Shouldn't CREATE TABLE LIKE copy the relhasoids property?
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr  9, 2015 at 12:32:23PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Should this be listed in the release notes as a backward-incompatibility?
>
> Isn't this a backpatchable bug fix?

Uh, I don't think so.  I think users are used to the existing behavior
and changing it on them will cause more harm than good.  Also, we have
had zero field reports about this problem.

The updated attached patch handles cases where the default_with_oids =
true.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Attachment