Re: PostgreSQL-related legal question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincent Veyron
Subject Re: PostgreSQL-related legal question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 08:28:11 -0400
Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> wrote:

> I've been asked to sign a legal document related to a PostgreSQL-
> related job opening. I have concerns about the document and that
> signing it could have a negative impact on the PostgreSQL project
> (in addition to personal concerns).

Open source licenses are designed to protect the project, usually, so it should be hard for you to be able to hurt it.
Iwould rather be worried of signing for something illegal on your end, a good thing to check upon anyway.

> I'm guessing I'm not the first person to go through this. I'm
> hoping someone on this list can refer me to a lawyer who is
> familiar with the challenges of NDAs and open source projects.
>
> I'm not asking for pro-bono, I'm willing to pay for services,
> but I just figured that I might get better results getting a
> referral than by contacting $random_legal_service.

I would try posting your question on one of the mailing lists at the OSI first (probably License-discuss?)

http://opensource.org/lists

--
                    Salutations, Vincent Veyron

https://libremen.com/
Legal case, contract and insurance claim management software