BUG #12850: ANALYZE of big table is taking extreemly much memory - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From wnordmann@gmx.de
Subject BUG #12850: ANALYZE of big table is taking extreemly much memory
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      12850
Logged by:          walter nordmann
Email address:      wnordmann@gmx.de
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.1
Operating system:   Ubuntu 14.4 LTS

Vacuuming a really big table (139.000.000 records, 66GB tablespace, one
GIN-INDEX of 135 GB!) is consuming extreemly much memory. Much, much more
then maintenance_work_mem (2GB). at this time about 85 GB of virt mem.

see post "autovacuum worker running amok - and me too" at postgresql-general
or ask me for more data. this form is to small for it.

regards
walter