Re: PostgreSQL on z/OS UNIX? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: PostgreSQL on z/OS UNIX?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:31:15AM -0500, Gord Tomlin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I see that PostgreSQL will run on S/390 and S/390x processors, but I
> can find no mention of the z/OS operating system on the web site, in
> the documentation or in the mailing list archives.
>
> Has there been a known attempt to port PostgreSQL to z/OS UNIX?

I tried this several years back, but failed hard right out of the gate
due to being unable to get access to such a machine.

Is there any chance you can put one or more "animals" of this type on
the buildfarm?

http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/

Cheers,
David.