Re: OBJECT_ATTRIBUTE is useless (or: ALTER TYPE vs ALTER TABLE for composites) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: OBJECT_ATTRIBUTE is useless (or: ALTER TYPE vs ALTER TABLE for composites)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > I found that the OBJECT_ATTRIBUTE symbol is useless.  I can just remove
> > it and replace it with OBJECT_COLUMN, and everything continues to work;
> > no test fails that I can find.
>
> It appears that it would change the command tag from ALTER TYPE to ALTER
> TABLE.

Ah, that it does.  I guess I unconsciously believed that command tags
would be part of regression tests expected output, but clearly they are
not.

I don't think this change is all that terrible, but I've seen past
discussions about changing command type and they aren't pretty, so I
will drop this.