Re: asynchronous commit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: asynchronous commit
Date
List pgsql-general
Robert DiFalco <robert.difalco@gmail.com> wrote:

> Andreas, I think UNLOGGED would be something different but I'm not totally
> clear. However, it seems to me that an unlogged table would simply disappear
> (be truncated) after a server crash. That means instead of maybe loosing a
> record or two that I could loose a ton or records. But maybe my understanding
> is off.

That's correct.

Maybe you can solve the performance issue with unlogged tables, but yes,
you have to save the records into a regular table. Maybe via Cron or so.
(rough, with move as (delete from unlogged returning *) insert into
regular_table select * from move, or something similar.)

Sorry for the delay.

Andreas