Re: PostgreSQL.org APT repository issue - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: PostgreSQL.org APT repository issue
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Markus Wanner 2015-01-08 <54AEB533.7070604@bluegap.ch>
> Stephan,
>
> On 01/07/2015 08:22 PM, Stephan Hohe wrote:
> > In version 2.1.4+dfsg-1.pgdg70+3 there is no such dependency,
> > in version 2.1.5+dfsg-1~88.git69d0152.pgdg70+1 a dependency on
> > libjson-c2 (>= 0.10) appeared, but that package is unavailable.
> >
> > Is this intentional?
>
> Thanks for the notice. No, this isn't intentional.
>
> As a quick fix you can install libjson-c2 from wheezy-backports. If you
> don't want to do that, you'll have to wait for a real fix. (Which
> shouldn't take more than a couple days.)
>
> (I'm sorry, I didn't uncover this bug. I even tried installing on a
> wheezy box, but for some reason I also happen to have some backports
> installed on that test box. Including libjson-c2.)

Hi,

upon investigation, this was a deficiency in the dependency resolver
used on the build host. Somehow it preferred installing the
wheezy-backports version of libjson-c-dev when the plain wheezy
version of libjson0-dev would have worked as well.

Build-Depends: [...]
 libjson-c-dev | libjson0-dev (>= 0.9~),

I've worked around this by removing libjson-c-dev from the wheezy
source. I've just promoted an updated postgis version that includes
this fix.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/