BUG #12326: I think maybe postgresql has a problem about timezone. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From zhangyingyun001@gmail.com
Subject BUG #12326: I think maybe postgresql has a problem about timezone.
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      12326
Logged by:          张亚琪
Email address:      zhangyingyun001@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
Operating system:   CentOS

     hi all, I am a new. My postgresql's version is 8.4.18. And I have
encounter a problem about timezone.
     When I insert a Date value like 'Wed Dec 24 17:28:46 CST 2014' (it
comes from new Date() with Java), and then if you select this value , you
will find a big problem about time. However , If I insert this value without
the timezone of CST, the time is normal absolutely. So I haven't idea about
whether it is a bug. But I hope you can consider it.
      Thank you for your time. Thanks.