Re: pgaudit - an auditing extension for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pgaudit - an auditing extension for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Simon Riggs (simon@2ndQuadrant.com) wrote:
> On 16 December 2014 at 18:28, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>
> > For the sake of the archives, the idea I had been trying to propose is
> > to use a role's permissions as a mechanism to define what should be
> > audited.  An example is:
>
> My understanding is that was done.

Based on the discussion I had w/ Abhijit on IRC, and what I saw him
commit, it's not the same.  I've been trying to catch up with him on IRC
to get clarification but havn't managed to yet.

Abhijit, could you comment on the above (or, well, my earlier email
which had the details)?  It's entirely possible that I've completely
misunderstood as I haven't dug into the code yet but rather focused on
the documentation.
Thanks!
    Stephen