Re: logical column ordering - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: logical column ordering
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2014-12-10 12:06:11 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> Ultimately, I think this is mostly going to be a question of what
> Alvaro feels comfortable with; he's presumably going to have a better
> sense of where and to what extent there might be bugs lurking than any
> of the rest of us.  But the point is worth considering, because I
> think we would probably all agree that having a release that is stable
> and usable right out of the gate is more important than having any
> single feature get into that release.

Sure, 9.4 needs to be out of the gate. I don't think anybody doubts
that.

But the scheduling of commits with regard to the 9.5 schedule actually
opens a relevant question: When are we planning to release 9.5? Because
If we try ~ one year from now it's a whole different ballgame than if we
try to go back to september. And I think there's pretty good arguments
for both.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services