Re: postgres_fdw does not see enums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: postgres_fdw does not see enums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 05:38:47PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> > I've been trying out 9.5-to-be's PostgreSQL FDW, and I noticed
> > that it doesn't seem to handle enum types.  Would this be a
> > trivial fix?
>
> No.  How would you know whether the remote side even has the enum,
> let alone whether it has an identical set of members?  I don't see
> that enums are noticeably easier than the general case of
> non-built-in types ...

I must be missing something important.  When querying the remote side,
*and it's PostgreSQL*, we have catalog access that could be used to
reconstruct the enums.  Or are you thinking about the case where the
enum changes from one call to the next?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!