Re: Follow up to irc on CREATE INDEX vs. maintenance_work_mem on 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Follow up to irc on CREATE INDEX vs. maintenance_work_mem on 9.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alex,

* Alex Shulgin (ash@commandprompt.com) wrote:
> Tom,
>
> First of all, thanks for your help on IRC last time with that CREATE
> INDEX memory consumption problem.

Doubt it was Tom, but if it was, wanna share what channel on IRC it was?
:D

> Now my question, is it feasible to back-patch this to 9.3?  Or should we
> tell the customer to wait before 9.4 is released?

I'm aware of a few folks who have back-patched this change and use
custom-built binaries, but it won't be done by the community/PGDG as
it's a new feature and not a bug fix.
Thanks!
    Stephen