Re: Add shutdown_at_recovery_target option to recovery.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Add shutdown_at_recovery_target option to recovery.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2014-11-19 15:47:05 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > Also, for the Shutdown itself, why are we not using
> >    kill(PostmasterPid, SIGINT)?
>
> Done

I don't think that's ok. The postmaster is the one that should be in
control, not some subprocess.

I fail to see the win in simplicity over using exit (like we already do
for the normal end of recovery!) is. The issue with the log line seems
perfectly easily to avoid by just checking the exit code in
postmaster.c.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services