Re: invalid OID warning after disk failure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: invalid OID warning after disk failure
Date
List pgsql-general
Gabriel Sánchez Martínez wrote:

> Any suggestions on what sanity checks I should run?  For now I am
> doing reindex and vacuum. I think that forces everything to be read. I
> am assuming that if vacuum completes without error then the table is
> fine.

The main sanity check is to make sure the disks are now in the recycling
center and you have rebuilt the array with new ones.  Then restore the
whole database in a freshly initdb'd system, and praise yourself that
you were able to get them before it all blew to pieces.