Re: Re: Segmentation fault in pg_dumpall from master down to 9.1 and other bug introduced by RLS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Re: Segmentation fault in pg_dumpall from master down to 9.1 and other bug introduced by RLS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Noah Misch (noah@leadboat.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 11:24:20AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> writes:
> >
> > > To clarify- you mean with the changes described- using usesuper for
> > > rolreplication and rolbypassrls instead of 'false' when dumping from
> > > older versions, correct?
> >
> > I think Noah is arguing for leaving the pg_dumpall queries as they
> > stand.  I disagree, but he's entitled to his opinion.
>
> Yes, that.

Ah, ok.  I'm impartial, but I do note that we're currently inconsistent
and so I'd prefer to go one way or the other.

rolcreaterole uses usesuper, while rolreplication and rolbypassrls do
not.  Noah- would you argue that we should change rolcreaterole, which
has this behavior in all released branches (though, of course, it's only
relevant when upgrading from a pre-8.1 server where we didn't have
rolcreaterole)?  What are your thoughts on the additional role
attributes which are being discussed?

> (Adopt Gilles Darold's fix, of course.)

That's been done already.
Thanks!