Re: Missing FIN_CRC32 calls in logical replication code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Missing FIN_CRC32 calls in logical replication code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2014-11-03 21:58:51 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> PS. I find the name "ReplicationSlotOnDiskDynamicSize" confusing, as it is
> in fact a fixed size struct. I gather it's expected that the size of that
> part might change across versions, but by that definition nothing is
> constant.

Well, the idea is that the 'constant' part is version independent. The
part following afterwards (dynamic) can differ based on the 'version'
struct member. The reason is that that allows files from older releases
to be read after a pg_upgrade.

If you have suggestions for better names.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services