BUG #11748: pgAdmin 3 - fatal missing log file at startup - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From 4OtherBusiness@comcast.net
Subject BUG #11748: pgAdmin 3 - fatal missing log file at startup
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      11748
Logged by:          Ralph Smith
Email address:      4OtherBusiness@comcast.net
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.1
Operating system:   OS X 10.8

Binary package installed w/ PG 9.3 bundle.
pgAdmin 1.18.1

I cannot start pgAdmin 3.  It locks up and requires force-quit.  It's frozen
dialog box says it can't find logfile.
I've tried running pgAdmin3 from w/in the /Library/PostgreSQL/9.3 and w/in
/Applications.

On the web I saw that another person had reported the same thing.  It has a
bug #.
That # is not listed in new version 1.20.

Is this pgAdmin's log, or PostgreSQL's?

HAAALP!

Note, on a chance that these are related, I'm also going to post:

I can open PG and access it w/ the included mini-app "SQL Shell (psql).app"
BUT, I can't get a normal shell to run.  I get:
  psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
    connections on Unix domain socket "/var/pgsql_socket/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

Thanks all