Re: pg_background (and more parallelism infrastructure patches) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pg_background (and more parallelism infrastructure patches)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2014-10-08 15:03:01 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> #1 - Just committed, per discussion last week.
> #2 - No comments, possibly because it's pretty boring.

fine with me.

> #3 - Most people seem happy with v2, modulo the above renaming request.

If you do it without the error handling stuff, I'm good with committing
it. I'm not yet convinced that verbatimly rethrowing errors from
background workers without any indications that the process changed is a
good idea.

> #4 - No comments.

This needs review imo.

> #5 - No comments; trivial.

fine.

> #6 - Updated per Amit's feedback.  Not sure if anyone else wants to
> review.  Still needs docs.

This definitely needs more view.

Greetings,

Andres Freund