Re: replication commands and log_statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: replication commands and log_statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 10:07:34AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 2:34 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > If you have a user devoted to it, I suppose that's true.  I still
> > > think it shouldn't get munged together like that.
> >
> > Why do we need to treat only replication commands as special ones and
> > add new parameter to display them?
>
> One difference is that replication commands are internally generated
> commands. Do we anywhere else log such internally generated
> commands with log_statement = all?

Good point --- we do not.  In fact, this is similar to how we don't log
SPI queries, e.g. SQL queries inside functions.  We might want to enable
that someday too.  Could we enable logging of both with a single GUC?

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +