Re: 9.5 CF1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Abhijit Menon-Sen
Subject Re: 9.5 CF1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 2014-07-02 11:21:53 +0530, ams@2ndQuadrant.com wrote:

> SQL commands
> ------------
>
> Event triggers: object creation support
>     Enormous patch, no reviews, no reviewers, but it's known to work
>     already. Does anyone want to have a look at this? (I thought it
>     was being reviewed, and didn't realise otherwise until a couple
>     of days ago. Sorry about that.)

No updates. I'll look at the patch myself, but I don't think I'll be
able to post any useful review comments until the beginning of next
week.

> change alter user to be a true alias for alter role
>     Original patch worked (Vik) but didn't go far enough towards
>     preventing future repetitions of the mistake (Tom) but the suggested
>     change didn't turn out to be easy (Vik). I don't think anyone is
>     working on this at the moment.

No updates.

> "RETURNING PRIMARY KEY" syntax extension
>     Patch works and has been revised as suggested. Some questions about
>     how useful it is. Updates welcome.

Ian will respond to comments soon.

> Allow an unlogged table to be changed to logged GSoC 2014
>     Stephen has looked at the patch a little, but isn't sure how much
>     time he'll have to complete the review. More eyes are welcome. I
>     recommend this patch to anyone who's looking to get started with
>     reviewing something substantial: it looks very nicely-done and
>     straightforward, but still non-trivial.

Christoph Berg is looking at this, but doesn't expect to be able to post
a review for a few days yet. (The recommendation still stands.)

-- Abhijit