Re: API change advice: Passing plan invalidation info from the rewriter into the planner? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: API change advice: Passing plan invalidation info from the rewriter into the planner?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dean,

* Dean Rasheed (dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com) wrote:
> Thinking about the examples upthread, a separate issue occurs to me
> --- when defining a RLS qual, I think that there has to be a syntax to
> specify an alias for the main table, so that correlated subqueries can
> refer to it. I'm not sure if that's been mentioned in any of the
> discussions so far, but it might be quite hard to define certain quals
> without it.

Yeah, that thought had occured to me also.  Have any suggestions about
how to approach that issue?  The way triggers have OLD/NEW comes to mind
but I'm not sure how easily that'd work.
Thanks,
    Stephen