Re: pgaudit - an auditing extension for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pgaudit - an auditing extension for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Abhijit,

* Abhijit Menon-Sen (ams@2ndQuadrant.com) wrote:
> At 2014-06-23 16:51:55 -0400, sfrost@snowman.net wrote:
> > Are both the connected user and the current role that the command is
> > running under logged?
>
> Yes, they are. -------------------------------------+----+

Ok, great, I couldn't remember.  Wish we had that ability in the current
logging code...

> > I'd much rather have that in-core capability and I worry that adding
> > pgaudit as an external feature now would end up preventing us from
> > moving forward in this area for years to come..
>
> OK. I've marked the patch as rejected in the CF, but of course we hope
> to see further discussion about an in-core implementation for 9.5.

I'm certainly all for it, though I'm not sure if I'll have resources
myself to be able to make it happen this fall..  Will you (collectively)
be working in this direction for 9.5?  That'd certainly be great news
from my quadrant (pun fully intended ;).
Thanks!
    Stephen