Re: pgaudit - an auditing extension for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pgaudit - an auditing extension for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Fujii Masao (masao.fujii@gmail.com) wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is good idea because this basically means that master
> and every standbys must have the same audit settings and a user cannot
> set what standby logs in standby side. Of course I guess that the audit
> settings in standby would be similar to that in master generally, but I'm
> not sure if that's always true.

The main difference would be that the standby wouldn't be logging
anything about data changing..  but that's to be expected.

Certainly when auditing of select queries and similar actions are done
to satisfy government or industry compliance requirements, it's about
"who reads the data", regardless of where that data is..
Thanks,
    Stephen