Re: Upgrading by double-clicking the .msi - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Marco Gaiarin
Subject Re: Upgrading by double-clicking the .msi
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Mandi! Heikki Linnakangas
  In chel di` si favelave...

> That's why we include the upgrade.bat file, which uses the right
> flags to msiexec to force reinstallation over the old version. But
> that's not very user-friendly.

...and for my experience, even not working every time... i'm installing
psqlodbc via WPKG (http://wpkg.org/), and it is at least an year that,
roughly, i uninstall the old version and install the new one, for the
sake of safety.

I've not understood if, with your proposal, the new installer take care
of uninstalling the old one, or simply stop to run and ask to do
that manually.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                        GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                    http://www.sv.lnf.it/

       http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php